Saturday, February 26, 2011

Jet-Lag is a Beast

OK, so I need to amend that "slightly jet-lagged" comment I made last week. I am WAY jet-lagged and still recovering! How do I know? I had at least 2-3 breakdowns last week, which is a lot even for a crazy person like me! One was over dying alone with large quantities of cats crawling all over my decaying corpse (which I logically know will never happen because I don't even like cats. Dogs would be a more plausible scenario). Another was over being the stupidest teacher on the planet who couldn't figure out the calculus problems she had already assigned her students and didn't remember how to do simple integrals. But God is good and He sent encouragement all along the way. My sister in law reminded me of why I'm awesome and helped me to be grateful for all the things I have, and a very sweet barista at Coffee Slingers let me push over a chair in the midst of my calculus angst.

I'm feeling much better now! The world is not a terrible place, even if I do die alone it's no big deal because at that point my body will just be a shell and my spirit with be with Jesus and I won't care how many domestic animals are roaming about, and not understanding calculus does not make me an idiot. All this comes from a few good nights of sleep, some rest, and a clean room. I am, however, staring the age of 29 in the face now, and the fact that I'm beginning the last year of my 20's in only a couple of days might be justifiable cause for another breakdown. We'll have to wait and see. Hopefully I got all the crazy out of my system for awhile now and I can handle getting older with grace. We'll see!

Aside from my meltdowns, there's not much to talk about. I'm still subbing, looking for a permanent job next school year. Still working at Shop Good and loving it. I'm doing an after-school tutoring program twice a week now, which will be nice to get me a little extra money. And I'm looking around for a place to move that's close to downtown (if you know of anything, please let me know!). I know you were probably hoping for a fun insight into the world around us described by my characteristic wit and sarcasm. I tried to think of something good, I really did. But I got nothing. Maybe next week will be more humor-producing. I'm sure it will be; you can't have a dull day with teenagers! Have a great week guys. Thanks for stopping by (does that make anyone else think of the movie Anchorman? Stay classy, San Diego).

No comments: